Sunday, January 22, 2012

Home At Last!

Sorry this post is so overdue, but I do have a few excuses!

Gil arrived home around 10:30 pm last Monday night! His trip went well and over the past week I've heard many stories illuminating his experiences, from rats on the concrete floor they slept on to a visit to a Honduran prison. Yes, I'm glad I didn't know most of the details while he was away! Anyhow, the first week having Gil back has been wonderful...not exactly perfect...but I'm sure glad he is home!

On Monday morning I woke up feeling a cold coming on. By Wednesday I not only had a full-fledged cold, but I was feeling a little queesy as well. I took a nap and went to bed at 8:30 (actually bedtimes this week all ranged from 8:30-9:30! It was great!). In the morning I felt much better, but in the night Gil had started feeling under the weather and threw up in the morning. He stuck it out with the kids at home on Thursday, but by that night he was wiped and I was single mom again. Not to mention Jude had his cough going again and actually threw up during his nap on Thursday. Then there was Cora. By Thursday evening we had also decided she was not doing to great anymore and should go back to the doctor. Gil took himself in on Friday morning to make sure what he had wasn't anything dangerous he acquired while in Honduras (it wasn't), and we were supposed to take Cora in in the afternoon. By that time she seemed a little better and I was convinced she must've just had a touch of what we had. After all she just finished her 15 days of being on antibiotics that day, surely she had kicked her ear infection! She confirmed my thoughts by sleeping 14 hours that night and throwing up herself during the night. Yesterday she perked up a little and we both thought she was on the up and up. Then today...Jude and Cora both have had a temp all day and have not wanted to eat and only wanted to sleep. They also both have a cough as well. So now what!? I am taking off tomorrow AGAIN for yet ANOTHER trip to the doctor. I'm thinking maybe RSV? or bronchitis? I don't know, but this sicky stuff has got to stop. It has been quite a school year of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment