Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 2

It's late (aka 10 pm). I am tired (even though we all took a family nap this afternoon for 2 hours). But here I am. Dedicated to the cause!

The kiddos stayed with mom today because of the whole ear infection thing. They woke up early, so I got them loaded into her car and then went to school, almost on time! School was good, but all I could think about was SLEEP. When I picked the kids up Cora was on her second nap. It didn't look good. Luckily Jude went down no problem. I gave Cora a bath and got things put away and decided to try laying her down again. It worked! We all slept a good two hours and Jude got three. When we woke up we headed into the gym for the Allen vs. Ponca boys bb game. We saw Jacob and Trenton play, visited with aunts, cousins, parents, and grandparents, played tractors with Blake, played with some of my sixth grade students, drank from the water fountain, ran in the halls and on the court, and had a lot of fun. At the end of the night Jude was in tears not wanting it to end. But I decided to skip the birthday cake and ice cream at mom and dad's for grandma's birthday because despite the naps we all needed sleep! The minute we got home Jude said he was ready to take a nap. I knew it! Minutes after arriving home both kids were zonked in their beds and I am now heading to mine. Hope it is a LONG LONG time before I have to get up again (like 5 hours or something!).

It was so good to hear from you this afternoon! I knew as soon as I heard the rooster crowing in the background that it was you from Honduras. If you hear a rooster crowing you know it's either the Ridenour Ranch or Honduras!

Tomorrow's plan is to sleep, play, clean a little, do a little laundry, and relax. I might even make a pot of coffee...and maybe a meal or something!

GOODNIGHT:)

No comments:

Post a Comment