Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 11

Oh man, we're finally here folks! Tomorrow is day 12! Today is Gil Returns Eve! Day 11!!!!!! ('nuf exclamation points?)

This morning John went to church early so he could stay home with the kids while Carolyn and I went. That was kinda nice. I don't remember the last time I heard the sermon or was able to look at music from a hymnal. After church Cora took a nap and Jude played with grandma and grandpa while I prepped my lessons for the week. It will be a nice week because tomorrow we have in-service, so no kids, and the rest of the week we have MAPS testing so I won't teach 4th or 5th this week at all. We are going to have kinda a fun week in the 6th grade. Since we studied Greece in our last S.S. chapter, we are going to have the "Allen Olympics" for S.S. and do some mythology for reading. I hope it's fun anyway!

Our trip home went really well. We left at about 2. Cora slept the first half and Jude the second, but they were really really good. I think Cora does so much better in the car than Jude did at her age. When we got home I unloaded while Jude watched "Cars 2" and Cora crawled all over the house. You really won't believe what she can do now! I gave her a bath tonight too and I think that was the last time I will use the baby bath. She is sitting up so well I think it's time to graduate to the big tub. She is eating really well too. And she is finally better! I think I've mentioned this before, but she has also gotten really good at taking medicine. Tonight she spit out her binky when she saw the syringe coming!

Now they are both in bed. Cora has been sleeping since about 7:15. Jude is having trouble falling asleep as I put him to bed nearly an hour ago and he is still not sleeping...

I am contemplating whether to fold the massive pile of laundry on the couch or just leave it and go to bed...decisions, decisions...I just had a brief intermission to pop Cora's binky back in and find Jude's blanky. He has decided he wants to sleep with his little blanky again!

Well, I haven't heard from you today, so I hope all is well and I can't wait to hear your voice, but especially see your face tomorrow:):):)

LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment