Tuesday, February 23, 2010

BLEEP!

I will spare you the details, but I am to the point of thinking very bad words about the weather, my road, the man who plows the road, the wind (maybe the wind and weather are the same, oh well more hate to go around!), winter, snow, and everything else related to any of these topics.

Last week I couldn't sub due to being snowed in ALL week. Today I got a call at 6 am to go to Wayne for the first time. Since Gil is gone I had to do it all by myself and take Jude to daycare and get to Wayne by 7:45. I was up for the challenge and I was doing really well until I drove out onto my road at 7:15 to find snow drifts much larger than expected. I wanted to be on time and I panicked, so I just drove on through...until I got stuck. Luckily dad was there to rescue me but getting out took much longer than expected. Long horrible story short I spent the day at home instead. In the mean time my parent's snow plow man went by there place and my mom made it to her school the other direction. Where is our plow when we need him?! NEVER here!!!! I'm sooooo sick of it!!!! I've been sulking all day, but then something somewhat remarkable happened. I was supposed to get my propane tank filled today, but because of our road from hell I called to tell them they'd better wait until tomorrow. But just a little while ago a man came walking up to my house. It wasn't my dad so I went to the door to find out what was going on. It was the propane man. He didn't get my message and has walked probably the whole half mile from the paved road to check on my tank and tell me he couldn't make it. WOW! That was really nice. I felt bad that he didn't get the message, but there is a man doing his job (unlike the man who runs the snow plow).

Off the subject of the %#$@* weather...I had a good trip to Bellevue/Omaha/Council Bluffs/Kansas City this past weekend. The weather did follow me and it snowed down in KC on Sunday, but nothing that kept us home all day. On Friday I spent some time at my old school Lewis and Clark and even got to see a few past students. Jude enjoyed it too! Then we spent some time with Gil's parents. I also got to have dinner with two amazing girl friends at PF Changs (yum!). On Saturday I took off for KC and even though Jude needed a pit stop in St. Joe we made pretty good time. Katie and I hung out with the kiddos and left them with Russ and shopped for a bit. We took them to church on Sunday and to the kids indoor pool that afternoon. Jude was a little hesitant of the pool at first but he got used to it and had fun. On Monday Jude traveled really well and we made it to Alissa's house with no stops. We had a quick bite to eat there and then made it home before dark. It was a good weekend. I'm missing Gil, but I've had a few phone calls and it sounds like all is well. Only 3 days now till he gets back. I have MOPS Wednesday, an allergist app't Thursday, and a sub job Friday and then it's off to Omaha again to greet him at the airport:)


Katie, Russ, and the kiddos.
Having lunch.
Ashtyn sporting her new suit. Look at that little super model!
Jude splashing around. He didn't want me to go too far!
The new Cyclone bath ducky Jude got from Aunt Minette and Uncle Mitch! Gil loves it too!
The enormous pile of mail I pulled out of our mailbox today. I don't even know how it got in there...we don't really get mail on a regular basis anymore!
The mailbox I dug out today to get that pile of mail (sorta...see the little dot!).
Our house and our snow pile.
Gil noticed teeth marks on Jude's crib. This is the result.
My sweet angel having sweet dreams.
Pool Video

Baseball!

No comments:

Post a Comment