Friday, February 12, 2010

Shannon & Red Box

Today I took Jude grocery shopping. He's such a trooper at things like that. Perfectly pleasant to have along. I have been thinking a lot lately how having a baby has really changed my way of life. I have always been pretty independent and done things by myself often. Now I am rarely to never by myself. I have this little person with me. We do things together. But it does cut my outings short because of nap time necessity/time to eat. Gil and I went to the Briar Cliff basketball games against USF Wednesday night. We left at half time of the men's game because Jude was sleepy (not to mention we were sleepy too!). As we were there I was looking around at all the college girls. I can totally remember being in that spot. I never knew how carefree life was. No baby to feed, change, put to bed. Only taking care of themselves and their various electronic devices. But still I like where I am now. Sitting by a wonderful guy who loves me and the cutest little baby boy in the world. Instead of wondering who's looking at me and if I look good enough and if I'm saying the right things to the right people.

So after grocery shopping we had lunch with Gil in his office. Jude got fed and a diaper change too. Then I left to go home, but as I was leaving I had an idea. You see in the "plan" for today I was supposed to go along with Gil to Sioux Center for his indoor track meet. I was going to get to hang out with our Orange City friends and see his track kids compete. Well, the Schuiteman's are sick, I'm sick, and Jude has a fever from teething. So plan "B"...not going...another (make that 4 out of 5 this week) night at home "alone." So my thought was to try out Red Box for the first time. I have been wanting to see Julie and Julia and Up for a really long time. I thought having something like that would make tonight a little more bearable. The problem was Jude was TIRED and fell asleep immediately after getting in the car. I hate pulling him out of the car seat so many times just to stuff him back in again. I was wishing I wasn't "alone" so I could run in without the baby. Well I decided I'd do a few other errands beforehand to give him a little longer nap. I washed my car because it hadn't been washed since who knows when and was getting covered in gunk (it now looks really pretty and shiny except for the small white scrape on the passenger side where I ran into my garage...ooops!), and I got gas. Finally I decided to brave a squirmy crying baby for my movies. And wouldn't you know it he was a champ again. Okay, there was a little squirming, but it was minimal and there was no crying. I successfully figured out Red Box and got two movies.

At about 4:30 Jude decided to take a nap and I started Julie and Julia. He woke up and joined me for part of it and I took a break to cook some dinner of my own (this movie will make you hungry!). -a super fancy shrimp stir fry from a bag-don't tell Julia! But I did finish it and I loved it. Such a neat story of both women. And since I'm a blogger I could relate. Now the cooking part I don't know about. Maybe I'll try some French cooking someday, who knows! I think I will watch it again tomorrow with Gil. I think he'll like it too. Jude liked the part he watched!

Now I'm watching the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympics. I love the Olympics. So romantic. I am always amazed at all of the countries being introduces. So many I have never heard of. Ok, just heard that Finland is the location of the sauna championship, crazy!




No comments:

Post a Comment