Friday, October 16, 2009

Should've been a girl?


I was stopped by a little old lady in ShopKo the other day who started telling me what a cute baby Jude is (I get this all the time!).  She then said, "He has such perfect features, he should have been a girl!"  I thought it was pretty funny.  Hadn't heard THAT one before!

Well Monday morning I have my first sub job for my alma mater, Allen Public Schools.  So strange.  I am subbing in the elementary education room.  I am lucky because my sister Alissa will be home for fall break and is going to watch Jude for me.  The thing I'm most concerned about is the bottle.  After lots of trouble with bottles and nursing in the first 3 months of his life I am proud to say he really hasn't had to take a bottle since...but now that just might backfire on me.  Yesterday I attempted bottles with both formula and breast milk in them.  He did okay, but wasn't too happy about it and I think a little confused.  I've really come to realize how much easier it is (for me at least) to nurse.  No measuring and heating and washing bottles.  If he turns out to not want to eat after all you haven't gone through the hassle.  Also, it will be different to be "working" after 6 months of not!  We'll see how Monday goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment