Monday, October 26, 2009

Lost and Found

Friday night Gil had some Briar Cliff guys come out for a bon fire.  The sun came out that afternoon (amazingly) and it turned out to be a great night for it.  Gil got the fire going really good and they all had a fantastic time.  Little did they all know what was going on inside the house...
I had been doing the usual nightly routine of laundry, changing Jude, putting him to bed, etc.  It was 8 pm and I was washing my hands in the bathroom sink when I noticed it.  My wedding ring was not on my finger.  It has been slipping off lately.  Probably as a result of my weight loss is strange places, such as my fingers apparently!  Each time in the past I have noticed it before I even knew it was gone.  Once I found it on my bedroom floor and once in Jude's highchair.  I should've taken this as a warning looking back.  This time I did not know.  I went into a little panic, but I am typically a calm and rational person and so I was sure I would find it.  I looked in the washing machine first since I had just put a load of diapers in there.  No ring.  I looked through the diaper pail and the trash cans.  No ring.  Ok, now panicking a little more!  I looked EVERYWHERE for 30 min.  I even picked up Jude and woke him up to see if it was somewhere in the crib.  I got the flashlight and walked around the house hoping to pick up a sparkle.  No ring.  I started thinking back through my day.  I had been to Ponca to the courthouse to license our cars and to Wayne to get groceries.  I had worn gloves, maybe in there.  No ring.  My anxiety started to rise at this point.  Gil bought my ring in Israel and it is so special to me.  I couldn't lose it!  I decided I needed to make a short appearance out at the bon fire but I decided I wouldn't tell Gil.  I would just come back in and start searching again.  I prayed the entire walk out to the fire that my ring would be found and back on my finger soon.  I ate a hot dog, met the guys, chatted for a while like I didn't have a weight on my mind, then I headed back to the house for another search.  I got a cookie and decided I might as well indulge my sweet tooth as I walked about the house looking high and low.  I was standing against the support beam in our living room just staring and thinking about where to look when I suddenly saw a silvery shine on Jude's play mat.  There it was, just like that!  On the mat I had looked on before!  Oh my goodness was I glad:)  I told Gil the story that night when he came in.  He claims he wouldn't have been mad and that it would be no big deal, but I maintain that he only says that because he knew the end of the story.  Well needless to say my ring is in the box for now until I decide how I'm going to keep it on my finger!  It was lost, but now is FOUND!

No comments:

Post a Comment