Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Marathon Relay


I am running the Sioux City Marathon this Saturday.  Ok, so I'm really running one leg (about 5 miles) of a marathon relay.  But I'm going to tell everyone from then on that I have run a marathon...technically!  Well getting back into regular running post baby has been somewhat difficult.  Especially since I don't have Bellevue Blvd. or the lake to run around.  I have to run out to the black top and then two miles down and then back.  I have come across a fox, raccoon, mean cows, cars, and the dark.  But if I exercise my imagination (like Anne Shirley would say--I am currently reading Anne of Avonlea--soooo good!) I can pretend that I am in the middle of a beautiful country area with rolling hills and green fields and puffy clouds which is a great comfort to me and keeps me going.  That image was easy to imagine the first few times out...it was true!  However, with the frigid fall that has arrived, my imagination has to work overtime.  These low temperatures have done nothing to improve my motivation to get out there.  In fact I think my quote to Gil this morning was, "This sucks, I'm never running again after this week!"  This is me after returning from my 5 mile freezing run of this morning.  BRRRRR!  I can only hope Saturday morning isn't as cold as this morning was.  And we'll see if I ever DO run after this weekend:)

1 comment:

  1. Don't do it! Running is over-rated...or something like that.

    Good luck this Sat.!

    ReplyDelete