Wednesday, September 23, 2009

M.O.P.S



So this morning I had my first MOPS meeting.  I also attended 2 weeks ago although I was the only one (I got the date wrong!).  So this morning was the real thing.  I had a great time.  It was so nice to connect with other moms, get out of the house, have someone to care for my baby, get treats, and meet other christian moms.  I went to Sunnybrook church in Sioux City.  I was amazed at the amount of women in attendance!  We spent a good chunk of time at the beginning getting our kids checked into one of the sitter rooms divided up by age groups.  Then we got something to eat, sat down, and had kind of an introduction meeting.  I'm not sure how many are in my small group, I'd say around 12ish.  I was the only one that was a "new mom" so to speak and probably on the younger end.  Most had a few kids or at least older kids.  That was a little unusual for me because most of my friends don't have any kids.  I'm used to being around women in their 20's who are single, not the mother of 3! But they seemed like great gals and people I could definitely connect with.  One of them has a son named Gilbert, how cute!  Another has a little girl just under Jude's age and her husband is the youth pastor at the church.  Oh, and another, one of the leaders in fact, went to Northwestern and graduated just two years ahead of me.  All in all it was a good time and I'm excited to be a part of it.  What a great organization!  

Right now Jude is on the couch trying out his Baby Einstein video for the first time.  I feel kinda bad sticking him in front of the TV (don't judge me!), but he honestly he loves to watch the TV so much I thought I'd see how he reacted to this video.  He is liking it okay, but is due for a nap so may get squealy or just fall asleep...we'll see!  

I am attaching a picture of Jude showing off his Baylor gear as he cheered on aunt Brittany in her volleyball game vs. Texas on TV the other night.  I am attempting to teach him to say, "Go Brittany!" but so far nothing!  

I am also attaching a pic of Jude at 5 months (last Friday).  I want to point out what a big boy he is getting to be (16 lbs. 6 oz.!).  I also want to point out his Bum Genius cloth diapers.  Gil and I decided to attempt to be earth-friendly and we have really been impressed with these diapers.  We definitely recommend them:)  They are easy to use and wash and hopefully will save us money in the long run.

Another thing on my to-do list these days is to get my name in to some schools to start subbing.  I need to do it (even though I don't exactly want to do it...the $$ would be beneficial), but haven't been able to get a person to watch Jude on those days.  The daycare in town will do it Mondays and Tuesdays only.  So the search continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment