Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Here are some pictures of our new home in Concord, Nebraska.  We bought our first house right down the road from where I grew up and where my parents still live (how brave are we?).  So we moved from the Omaha Metro Area to the sticks!  I went from working full time as a teacher plus coaching and various other commitments to staying at home with our 4 month old son.  We went from being close to Gil's parents to being REALLY close to mine.  We went from many friends and lots to do to 11 acres, a beagle, and 7 cats.  Gil went from a summer of unemployment to working full time at Briar Cliff  (with a 45 min commute) as campus minister/theology professor/track coach.  Needless to say we have made a few adjustments.  However, we upgraded from living in an apartment or with our parents.  We LOVE having space and dreaming about what we are going to do with it all.  We hope to have an organic apple/fruit orchard, chickens, and maybe breed dogs as well.  Gil is hoping to help dad with harvest, get another buck this fall, and maybe get his first turkey.  He is also hoping to someday still earn his doctorate degree in Theology.  I am hoping to adjust to this new life of spending my days with a baby.  I am also hoping to get involved with a MOPS group and to do some subbing in the area after another month or so.  We have many hopes.  Ultimately our hope is in the Lord and we want to do His will in our lives!

Coming back to small town life has been interesting, trying, and comical.  I haven't lived here for almost 10 years but since I have so much family and so many ties it's like I really belong. It has also been a flash from the past in many ways.  I am glad to not have neighbors outside my window, but I am sad I cannot call up a friend to do something with.  Even though I am from here there aren't any friends left in the area.  I guess I will have to get going to make new ones!  I did get an offer to join the Senior Citizens which seems to be the most happening group in town.  I actually went for coffee with them and my grandma this morning.  The place was packed and everyone wanted to see Jude.  They were all telling me who's grandmother they were.  It was pretty funny!  I sat beside the grandmas of my two best friends from high school. I might just have to become a regular.  Wish the young moms could do coffee every morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment