Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Highs...Lows

The other day I had another bad one. And it seems that whenever I have a bad one all I want to do is blog about it and get it off my chest (aka complain!). But then others have to read about my bad ones all the time even though there are just as many good ones. Why don't I have that urge to blog about those???

So here goes. A GOOD one!
Last Friday, August 27.
* Play-date at the park in Wayne
* New mommy friends!!! Most of which I made a connection with or had something in common with...felt so nice since it has been a prayer request for over a year.
* Found out a new MOPS group is also starting at our church in Wayne
* Lunch with family
* Afternoon mowing during Jude's nap (I heart mowing).
* Trip to Orange City to see good friends from college and to play some Pinochle
See!!! Perfectly GOOD day:)

But since I got that out of the way I might as well tell the bad one too!
Last Monday, August 30.
* Subbed for 2nd graders.
* Only the 8th day of school.
* First early morning for Jude and I and Gil was at Charger Camp so we did it alone.
* Jude cries when I leave.
* Frustrating day as the teacher (at least college kids pretend to listen!).
* Road closed on my way home. Took much longer to get to Jude after our first long day apart.
* Found out the car wasn't done at the shop yet like we'd hoped.
* Had to get back in the car with a cranky kid who'd rather do anything than ride in the car seat and drive to Sioux City to pick up Gil from Charger Camp.
* Got home late...
It doesn't seem all that bad now. Maybe that's why I like to write it down. Funny how in the moment little things seem so much bigger. But those good things I mentioned? Still really really good!

We'll see what tomorrow brings!


No comments:

Post a Comment