Monday, April 19, 2010

Superman Cake


Jude had a Superman themed birthday party. I decided I'd make my own cake. I looked on line for instructions or guidelines, but couldn't find anything good. In fact the best one I found was crap. So I made up my own way. I'm going to give instructions for anyone who is interested in creating a Superman cake. I thought I did a pretty dang good job! And it was fun. Maybe I'll decorate another cake again someday...

Bake cake according to box and bake it on parchment paper. Then use your finger to outline the superman design.
Cut out the parts of the cake you will not use and transfer the cake onto a portable surface.
(This is just to show my messing kitchen during the process. Jude is also "helping")
You will need blue, yellow, and red frosting. Spread the blue around the sides and yellow on the top.
Outline the shape with red. I used a cake decorating tip.

Use the same red tip to outline the S shape.
Fill in the S shape with the same tip. Then go around the edges with a smooth blue tip.
That's it!
Pretty sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment