Thursday, January 28, 2010

Disappointment

So Gil and I have been looking forward to January 26th for a long time. Ever since the beginning of November when we went to see Michael Jackson's This Is It movie and had to leave early because the girls watching Jude at Briar Cliff only were available until 9. It was so hard to walk out of a movie we liked early. But we did it for the baby...just one of a million sacrifices parents make for their off-spring right?! Well it came out on DVD this past Tuesday. Gil bought it that day. We watched just the end last night because Gil was busy preparing for the class he is teaching tonight. I was really pumped because Billy Jean was left along with Man in the Mirror and the new song This Is It. But the end left more to be desired in my opinion. I don't know if it was because I had such high hopes and had to wait and anticipate so long to see it or what. Most of the songs were well-polished and concert-ready...these not so much. Just him singing alone on stage pretty much. And This Is It isn't even performed, just played during the rolling credits. That can't be how the real concert was going to end! Anyway, we are going to watch the entire thing again tomorrow night and I'm still looking forward to it, but just a little bummed. I think it's like a little kid who has to wait 'til all the cereal is gone to get the prize at the bottom and then it is cheap and plastic and breaks right away. Nevertheless, it is a really good movie and somehow Gil has succeeded in creating a Michael Jackson fan out of me. Wonder if I'll ever get him to become a Husker fan...I'll keep you posted on that one, but don't hold your breath, he doesn't know an awesome football team when he sees one!


By the way what I referred to in the previous post really probably wasn't as horrible as I made it sound. Just more snow, getting stuck in a blizzard, breaking my car, locking the keys inside, and getting snowed in...


No comments:

Post a Comment