Saturday, January 23, 2010

Black Out!

Hello world! How have you been? It has been a crazy week at the ranch. I subbed Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday and in the midst of that we had no electricity Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or today! We've had it come on here or there for a few hours, but for the most part...nothing! This morning I noticed the ground line up the road ON the road, so who knows when we might be able to see in the dark, flush the toilet, take a shower, watch a movie, or cook dinner again! Luckily we have a woodburning stove and even more luckily we got a load of wood last Monday night so we do have heat. I am at my grandma Mary Lou's right now using the internet, watching TV, using the bathroom, and doing all of the other wonderful things you can do when you have electricity. It really is amazing how much we rely on it. And I was just saying earlier this year how primative power lines seem to be. I mean can't they come up with something better and more reliable than wires strug all over the country?!

This has been the worst winter I can remember. Three snow storms, ice, wind, fog, and now no power...we'll see what's next!

No comments:

Post a Comment