Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Flesh and Blood

I subbed in a high school science classroom today. I think because I am "young" kids sometimes think I'm not a "real" teacher. A sophomore asked me today when I will get my own classroom, haha! I told her that I did have my own classroom for 5 years and that now I am subbing because I get to stay home with my baby on most days. I find other adults thinking along the same lines. I get, "You must be looking for another teaching job" a lot. While I do see myself in the classroom full-time again someday in the future (and who knows how soon or far away that might be), I am beyond glad to be spending my days with a baby boy who smiles and cries and poops and giggles and whines and needs fed and naps and needs a bath and who I love completely.

A song by Caedmons Call that I love has this line:

Our vows, they started breathing and they took on flesh and blood
And we held them in our arms and tasted God was good...

What a miracle children are!

No comments:

Post a Comment