Thursday, May 27, 2021

Jude had a birthday...and I'm behind!









 Jude had a birthday...last month!  And it was in the beginning of our crazy and the crazy is still here so here we are over a month later and I'm finally making this post a priority!  I spent the last 3 weeks of school subbing while also managing 3 different baseball/softball teams practice schedule 4 nights a week in a town almost a half hour away while also trying to squeeze in the t-ball schedule and you know like feeding everyone and sometimes sleeping...

Anyway Jude turned 12.  One more year before I have a teenager in the house (and also turn 40 myself 😝.  WHY????  I do not approve of these facts!).  His birthday was on a Sunday and we had this really good plan where Gil was going to take him and 3 friends to see King Kong vs. Godzilla.  Then Gil wasn't feeling good and I got to do it.  We had already seen the movie at home and let me tell you, I was less than thrilled to see it again!!!!  About half way through I wanted to plug my ears and get in the fetal position.  When I went to bed at night I heard the roar of monsters ringing in my ears.  Ah the things we do for our kids...but I digress!  So we got up, had a birthday breakfast celebration, went to church, had lunch with some birthday cake to follow, and took off on our grand mall theater adventure.  After picking everyone up with masks in tow we headed to the theater.  The time the website said the movie was showing was I guess not the actual time the movie was showing so we ended up killing some time at the arcade and in a few stores (I did find some really cute and comfy Teva sandals so maybe it was all worth it 😂).  Then we watched the movie.  This probably goes without saying, but if you ever go to the theater and there is a group of four 12-year-old boys, you move right along and find the furthest seat away!  After consuming the bottomless pop and gigantic popcorns, we also needed to stop at Wendy's on the way home.  I think Jude had a great day celebrating him with his friends and family so that's what counts!  

Jude got the RazorCrest (The Mandalorian) Lego, had a Mandelorian Angelfood cake, a shark braces shirt, a shark beach towel, and probably a few other things I can't remember because it was over a month ago!  

Jude, we are so happy to have had these 12 years with you.  You are turning into a young man right in front of our eyes!  Some highlights of this year have been getting to homeschool with you, showing calves, our trip to Montana, being your 6th grade teacher for part of the year, and watching you improve at so many things.  You have become very responsible and are so helpful for dad and I (and grandma and grandpa).  You still love reading comics, Harry Potter, and really anything, you love building Legos, watching YouTube videos, playing Nintendo, shooting hoops, driving the 4-wheeler, and you still love to just play with your brothers and sister.  

We love you all the way to the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment