Sunday, October 24, 2021

Gil turned (that which shall not be named!)

 So Gil turned...a certain year...on the exact day that we started harvest this year.  They were over by Dixon so dad threw and impromptu birthday party and bought us all Euni's for supper and we had a field day picnic.  I got him a ping pong paddle (the table we'll get when the addition is done...oh yeah, our new addition got started!  I'd say that's a pretty good 40 year present for both of us...ooooops I said it!), and an Iowa State shirt, oh and a "40" beer mug.  I'm hoping our family can go to an Iowa State basketball game this winter.  Gil got himself another piece of the Lego Ninjago Movie set.  Oh, and he got us tickets to Hamilton along with Katie and Russ!!!!!  "I wanna be in the room where it happens!!!!"  That's in 3 weeks so I'm getting my anticipation ON.  

Gil, I know you hate birthdays and you especially hated the idea of this one perhaps, but I think it was a pretty smashing day.  And also 40 looks good on you.  And also 1981 was a pretty terrific year.  And also I'm so glad you were born!!!  Love you always!












No comments:

Post a Comment