Friday, April 26, 2019

I went to San Diego!!!


So I went to California (San Diego) for the first time ever for six days and six nights (April 10-16) with six (including myself) college friends.  I cannot even believe that actually happened.  Ashley (the doctor!) got us hooked up with a place to stay and some wheels to drive and got the ball rolling on the whole idea.  Valerie and Kelly and I flew out of Omaha together and met Ashley (from Tennessee), Amy (from Rapid City), and Anna (from New Ulm, MN) there.  We had a fabulous house situated between the Pacific and Mission Bay.  We went whale watching (saw some giant Fin whales), kayaking at La Jolla, sight-seeing at Mt. Soledad and the Sunset Cliffs, to Old Town, and to Coronado Island.  Most of all we enjoyed the ocean and each other's company. And the weather really is as amazing as you think it is!  What a blessing to have these friendships in my life all these years.
watching the sunset

well said

in Old Town

first morning

in Old Town

Mt. Soledad

Coronado Island "gold" sand!

first morning together

at the Pier

selfie time!

No comments:

Post a Comment