Wednesday, December 6, 2017

random tuesday

Privilege continued...

Yesterday was Tuesday.  When Mikey got home from preschool we ate lunch with Luke, fed Thomas, cleaned up the kitchen, and then he and I made gingerbread cookies.  This is something he has been begging me to do with him for a few weeks now.  And we did it.  Just he and I.  Jude and Cora at school, Luke and Thomas napping.  Just Mikey and I and some ingredients, a blender, an oven, and cookie cutters.  We had a great time (amazing how doing something with one kid can actually be enjoyable, even for a control freak mom such as myself!).  And I was thinking.  Wow, how lucky am I that I get to spend my afternoon making gingerbread cookies with my four-year-old on a random Tuesday.  I LOVE it!  There are long days.  There are hard days.  There are lonely days.  But I am so so so privileged to have my dream job right now: taking care of my little tribe.  Oh, and I also made chicken and dumplings for supper on this random Tuesday:)

No comments:

Post a Comment