Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Cora tuns a whole hand!

Last day of preschool

Family

Pony cake
celebrating with cousin Skyler and uncle Brett

new swimsuit
Grandma and Grandpa with the quilt Grandma made
Cora is a whole hand old!  She is extremely proud of this fact.  She and Jude are both the youngest in the class and this year school ended on May 18, so she got to celebrate a few days early with her classmates.  She brought popsicles on the last day to share.  Then on the 21st Papa John and Grandma Carolyn came to visit.  We had a great day celebrating with them!  Gil and I got her a new backpack that lights up for kindergarten, some new ponies to go on her pony cake (that girl and her ponies!), a new bath robe and slippers, a new outfit, and some stamps.  Grandma Carolyn made her a new quilt!
Then on Sunday we had a baptism service for Taylor and Katie.  Afterward we went to the Pick's house for lunch and celebrated the baptisms along with Skyler, Brett, and Cora's birthdays.
FUN DAY!

Another name for Cora could be JOY!  She is so full of joy and love and excitement.  She loves everything and everyone.  If she is ever the slightest bit grumpy you can bet she is exhausted and needs a nap because that is just not her.  During her four year old year she has taken swimming lessons, showed a bucket calf (Elsa) at the fair, played t-ball, completed a year of preschool, and learned to write all of her letters and numbers and so much more in school!  She also made many new friends in school.  Right now she is the queen of saying the cutest things.  Sometimes I call her Amelia Bedelia because she just can't seem to get it right.  For example, she wanted to have a staring contest, but thought it was a scaring contest.  I couldn't figure out why she was scowling at me the whole time!  Cora loves to play with her ponies, but is also branching out to barbies and other doll figures (not baby dolls though).  She also loves to draw and write and create.  She and her friend Kloie played so well together every day after preschool this year.  They would read books, play games, and watch lots of Sofia the First episodes!  Cora loves to wear dresses and anything sparkly!  She is also very good at playing with her brothers.  This is what she is telling me right now are her favorite things:  I love my birthday, and I like to swim, I love to cuddle and hug mommy, and I love to say goodnight to her, and I love to play ponies and go to grandma's house, and I love getting new things, and I love my whole family, that's all.  Isn't she the sweetest?!?!

We love you so much Cora Clare!!!  Many prayers and blessings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment