Friday, April 22, 2011

Kid's Rooms

The last time I posted I neglected to include any of the new kid's rooms. This past week we became officially done with our remodeling projects. All the woodwork in, the carpet in, the paint on, and the furniture moved!!!

To top it off Jude has spent three nights and two naps in his "bog boy" double bed. We got a cute frog/turtle comforter and striped sheets and a bed rail. The first night he did AWESOME. Just like putting him down in the crib. He wanted a book and a song and some milk and toys, and that was it. He never got out and went right to sleep. Never heard a word out of him until the next morning when he was at the baby gate in his doorway (don't quite trust him yet...) yelling for us. Wednesday night went almost as well, however, Gil did awaken to a cry at 4:30am (how he ever heard him and not me is something I will never know!). Jude had managed to fall out at the bottom of the bed somehow. I was worried he wouldn't get back in, but he did and after a few minutes was zonked out again. Last night was again a fall-free night, so hoping for more of those! I am just amazed at how easy the transition was. Now if we can only get it to go so well for taking away the binky and potty training!!!

Also, FYI, Monday will be 4 weeks left and counting until the end of school/due date!!!

This is the new downstairs closet. It is so nice to have more storage! Also, Gil built a new shelving unit in the basement and that has really helped too!
This is the new banister. The downstairs part was open before. It looks so nice!
Jude's "new" bed. This was actually taken while he was sleeping in it on the first night.
Close up of the first night of sleep in the bed.
Finished paint, doors, and furniture for baby girl.
Grandma let me use her sewing machine yesterday (mom's is being a pain) and I got the entire thing quilted! Now for the binding and that is it!!!
I used "straight" lines and a pale teal color of thread. Kinda wishing I had used the brighter color though.
Here is the back side. I really like this fabric!
And here it is hanging on the crib. I'm thinking I have just enough material left to make a curtain.

No comments:

Post a Comment