Saturday, December 11, 2010

More Tree





Here is a pic of our tree actually lit up. Jude really likes it! He always says, "ooooohhhhh" when I turn on the lights. Also, here is the Barster. He is doing SO much better, but has come to love the house (especially today in the blizzard!). And another one of Jude bundling up to go outside and play. Just a funny pic I thought.

The last is of my phone cover. Or what has become of it. The other night I was attempting to multi-task and it all went wrong. I was trying to get the fire in our wood stove going as I was talking to Gil on the phone on his way home from class. I had the phone braced between my ear and my shoulder when suddenly Gil shouted, "Well!" (to his benefit he was really talking in a normal voice, but because the phone was pressed against my ear it sounded like shouting). Anyway, it scared me to pieces and I dropped the phone. It landed on the lid of the stove, but the case fell off. No problem. I picked it up and quickly found the back part of the case on the floor...but not the front. I hung up the phone and discovered the front had flown into the fire. That was no problem either because as I said I was only trying to get the fire going, not much had happened yet. Nevertheless, I decided to be on the safe side and not use my fingers to pick it up. I grabbed the fire poker thingy and lifted it out with that. Problem. Apparently the non-existent fire had gotten the fire poker hot. Too hot for a plastic phone case. The plastic immediately started melting and was very hot (my fingers found this to be true). I quickly put it under water, but the damage had been done. Mutilation. Lesson: don't try to build a fire while on the phone! Not smart!

P.S. This incident reminded me of a time when I once tried to put out a candle with a kleenex. And when I tried to light a candle at night on a school bus. Neither activity is recommended!


No comments:

Post a Comment