Wednesday, May 26, 2010

How a 3 hour trip turned into 6...

Right now Gil is at Notre Dame for a Campus Ministry conference. So Jude and I took another little trip! On Sunday afternoon we took off for Council Bluffs and spent that night there with Grandma Carolyn, Papa John, and Aunt Brittany. Since Jude had been having matter in his eyes along with some redness I thought I'd try to get him into a doctor Monday morning before heading down to see the Pick's in Lenexa, KS. Well, Jude's Bellevue doctor wouldn't see him without having him re-enroll as a new patient so instead I called the nurses at both the Bellevue and Sioux City doctors. They both prescribed an eye drop over the phone. So, sweet, I would get on the road a little quicker than I had thought. I left the Ridenour's at 10:10. My plan was to pick up the prescription at Walgreens, then hit up Target for diapers, swing by my friend's in Papillion to get a pair of shoes I had left, and finally get going to Kansas City. Well, after a few misunderstandings and a trip to a different Walgreens and a different Target than I had planned, plus an unplanned trip to Alissa's apartment in Bellevue for a pit stop and some lunch, I actually left at about 12:45. We had been in the car for 2 and a half hours and hadn't even left yet! Luckily Jude was soooooo good. We made it after that with only one short stop for a binkie find and another for gas. We had a GREAT time with Katie and Russ and Ashtyn, plus all the daycare kiddos! Ashtyn said "Jude" about every other second with a variety of tones and inflections, Katie and I got a run in plus made lots of rhubarb treats, we even went to a Farmstead Tuesday morning, which was like a glorified petting zoo. Jude had a blast and is now saying "MOOOOO!" The trip back today went very well too. Jude slept 3 hours of it and we stopped to have lunch in Bellevue with my old roommate Christina (Christina, if you read this, I love your house!). At this point I have checked the pets and garden, unpacked, had supper, bathed Jude, balanced the checkbook and am now simultaneously painting my toenails, watching Gilmore Girls, and blogging...Life is Good:) I only wish Gil was home...and I'm sticking with HyVee instead of Walgreens from now on!

Jude playing with Aunt Brittany and blocks
Jude's after-eating hair-do
Jude and Ash sharing a "boo" bath
Ashtyn, Jude, Preston
Jude at the Farmstead
Jude and Ash showing off their Nike Easter outfits from Grammy Lori
The "mommy" sisters


No comments:

Post a Comment